Skip to main content
- The operation of the R2R programme is supported in areas of science-based planning, human capital development, policy and strategic planning, results-based management, and knowledge sharing through the GEF Pacific Ridge to Reef International Waters (GEF Pacific R2R IW) project which is executed regionally by the Pacific Community.
- Ridge to Reef pilot projects will be implemented through the GEF Pacific R2R IW project, are designed to strengthen Ridge to Reef integration by establishing synergies among the work of the various sector agencies and the GEF R2R STAR Projects, between governments and communities, civil society and the private sector.
- The Programme Coordinating Unit (PCU), hosted by the Pacific Community’s Geoscience Division in the Fiji Islands, is tasked with the provision of technical, operational, reporting and monitoring support as requested by the participating Pacific Island Countries.
- The PCU also facilitates the consolidation and sharing of sectoral knowledge and expertise to support the uptake of best-practice management approaches in policy-making and planning.
- Led by the Regional Programme Coordinator, the PCU possesses multidisciplinary expertise, including administration and financial management officers, to support programme coordination.