The roster of experts is to provide advice and other support, as appropriate and upon request, to participating GEF Pacific R2R programme countries, to undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct technical assessments,
- Make informed decisions,
- Develop national human resources, and promote institutional strengthening.
The roster of experts and practitioners is administered and maintained by the GEF UNDP SPC Regional International Waters R2R Project. GEF national operational focal points and the Pacific IW R2R regional project and national project focal points, hereinafter nominating parties, are responsible for nominating experts to the roster and for ensuring that the information for each expert is accurate and up to date.
To be nominated to the roster, experts must meet the criteria and minimum requirements set out below. Parties are urged to nominate experts that possess the highest professional qualifications and expertise in the fields for which they are nominated.
Criteria for scientific and technical experts:
- A postgraduate degree and five years of demonstrated experience in the scientific and technical area;
- Peer-reviewed publications, including articles in internationally recognized journals;
- Non peer-reviewed publications and reports;
- Presentations at conferences, workshops and scientific/ technical symposia;
- Participation in relevant scientific and technical committees, expert panels or advisory bodies; and
- Systems and implementation expertise.
An expert nominated to the roster is required to ensure that the information provided on his/her nomination form is both complete and accurate. He/she must also agree to have the information provided publicly available through the Regional R2R website after the nomination is completed.
Click here for more information on the Roster of Experts.
If there are updates on your submission, please email to [email protected]